Our technology is advancing, no doubt. We constantly see things that remind us to our favorite science fiction movie/TV series/comic book/etc. Just a little while ago we could see a tank turning invisible (what humankind could benefit from this technology is another question), and now another toy: you can levitate a ping-pong ball with your mind. No, really. Watch the video if you don’t believe it. Read the article. Anyway, I’m sure it will be a lot of fun and worth trying, but where does this lead to? There are good ways of using this of course, like mind controlled artificial limbs, et cetera. But how will this develop further? I doubt that telekinesis would be possible, but as this device reads your brain waves, analyzing them would probably lead to… think about it… mind reading, is it not? Or the worst possible way I can think of: controlling others’ minds (am I watching too much Heroes again?).
Use the Force, Luke!

No comments:
Post a Comment
"(...) and now you're ashamed of thinking... well, what's you're thinking?"