A few weeks ago the Los Angeles Times informed its readers about the annual seal hunt in Canada. Among the comments you can find reactions from both sides: various animal rights movement members gave their opinion, as well as “A proud Canadian.” Those who belong to the first group complain about the inhumane method they witnessed on these hunts, while the Canadian person refers to seals as “renewable resources.” Animal rights activists were also accused of exaggerating events. I personally couldn’t tell who is saying the truth. Maybe that is the reason why I’m not in the European Parliament. Apparently they could decide, and a vote was passed today to ban all seal products. I don’t think the EU was their only customer. Anyhow, the activists are happy and Canadians are still hunting with a bit angrier look on their face. Anything changed? If yes, well, I don’t see it. Do you?
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
The hunt is on
A few weeks ago the Los Angeles Times informed its readers about the annual seal hunt in Canada. Among the comments you can find reactions from both sides: various animal rights movement members gave their opinion, as well as “A proud Canadian.” Those who belong to the first group complain about the inhumane method they witnessed on these hunts, while the Canadian person refers to seals as “renewable resources.” Animal rights activists were also accused of exaggerating events. I personally couldn’t tell who is saying the truth. Maybe that is the reason why I’m not in the European Parliament. Apparently they could decide, and a vote was passed today to ban all seal products. I don’t think the EU was their only customer. Anyhow, the activists are happy and Canadians are still hunting with a bit angrier look on their face. Anything changed? If yes, well, I don’t see it. Do you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
"(...) and now you're ashamed of thinking... well, what's you're thinking?"