The reconstruction would cost at least about 2 billion dollars. Although several international bodies and organizations offered aid, I think it is very early to speak of that. The occupation has been going on for years now; it won’t all end by tomorrow, or by next week, or even by next year. Imo first the United States has to stop aiding Israel. A little bit of more pressure is needed from the part of the EU, I think. This could be the beginning. Then the political opinions should meet on a common ground, making the peace negotiations possible. Another interesting article, an op-ed, about this last one here.
If any of you want to follow the events, or just want to learn more about the present situation of the middle-east, here are some links:
http://wall-fal.blogspot.com/
http://www.ilovepalestine.com/
http://electronicintifada.net/

I like when you place several articles or op-eds about the topic under discussion and several links for those who want to follw it.
ReplyDeleteI decided not to devote the whole blog to one specific topic. I'm touching several issues, but I give the links where I found them, and you can search further if you are interested.
ReplyDelete